Vision, Mission, Goals
To be recognized for exemplary student advocacy and student leadership development grounded in ethical and moral principles.
The Dean of Students Office strives to set standards of excellence in the delivery of student services and to foster a welcoming environment that is inclusive, safe and conducive to learning. The core function of the Dean of Students Office is assisting and developing students through services that include emergency services, leadership development opportunities, legal advice, notary services, ombuds services, and resolutions to student misconduct allegations.
- To support the academic mission of the university by engaging in collaborative educational and outreach programs with academic affairs.
- To facilitate student success, development and affinity for Texas State through advising, mentoring programs and student leadership training opportunities which focus on the needs of a diverse student population.
- To manage the physical, fiscal and technological office resources required to efficiently and effectively meet the demands of a growing student, faculty and staff population as well as promote professional development and opportunities for staff through ongoing staff development workshops, conferences and work life issues.
- To actively support Texas State diversity initiatives among faculty, staff and students, including the Texas Closing the Gaps initiatives.
- Develop a long-range plan for generating revenue for the division in support of our retention mission.