LBJ Student Center, second floor
University Bookstore offers a large selection of used and new course materials for sale. The bookstore buys textbooks back from students year-round, returning more than $1.2 million to students every year. The bookstore also provides e-textbooks and textbook rentals both online and in the store for select titles.
University Bookstore is owned by the university, so any profits from the sales of course materials and merchandise are returned to Texas State. The bookstore also returns more than $1 million to the university in the form of bond payments, administrative fees, utility payments, program support, donations, contributions and gifts, including an annual donation of 10 percent of net profits to the ASG/University Bookstore Scholarship Fund. The University Bookstore offers:
- course materials (for all classes in San Marcos and Round Rock)
- online ordering and inquiries on textbooks, apparel and gifts
- general, professional and reference books
- art, office and school supplies
- licensed Texas State apparel and gifts
- software and computer supplies
- essential academic and classroom supplies
- Texas State traditional class ring
- graduation regalia, invitations and diploma frames
- Apple and PC software (educational discounts)
The bookstore accepts payment by American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, Bobcat Buck$, checks, cash and traveler’s checks. Payment for online purchases is by credit card only.
Monday - Thursday, 7:45 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturdays, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summer hours and class breaks
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Extended hours are offered during the back-to-school rush period (see www.bookstore.txstate.edu). The bookstore is closed on days the university is closed.