Recreational Programs and Facilities
Campus Recreational Programs
Student Recreation Center, second floor
- Bass fishing
- Lacrosse (men and women)
- Rugby (men and women)
- Soccer (men and women)
- Ultimate Disc (men and women)
- Volleyball (men and women)
- Water polo (men and women)
- Water ski
Student Recreation Center
Sessoms Drive & Academy Street
- Eight basketball/volleyball courts
- Two indoor soccer courts with rounded walls that can also be used for badminton
- Cardio area with 108 cardiovascular machines that overlooks the weight room and includes elliptical machines, upright and recumbent bikes, stair-steppers and treadmills
- Weight/fitness room of 18,000 square feet. with free weights, stack machines, stretching areas and Hammer Strength machines in a wide variety of arrangements
- Six racquetball courts
- Indoor jogging track: 1/8 mile, three-lane track
- Aquatics with two pools to provide participants with a variety of aquatic opportunities including a leisure pool and a lap pool
- Shower and locker rooms, where participants can rent lockers and towel service
- Golf simulator, where students can play some of the most famous courses in the world, including Pebble Beach and St. Andrews, and practice shots on the virtual driving range or putts on the indoor putting green
- Cyber Café, featuring a big-screen TV lounge, healthy-food snack bar, and access to printers and computers
Current student ID is required for entrance. Parking is available in the West Campus commuter lot.
Aqua Sports Center
This eight-lane, 25-yard pool is available for lap swimming at various times throughout the day. Locker room and shower facilities are provided for patron convenience. Student ID is required for access.
Students use the various on-campus field spaces for programmed activities and drop-in use. The West Campus Fields, located behind the SRC, are shared with Texas State Athletics, but the lighted, crushed granite track is open at all times for students. Other field spaces, such as the Bobcat Village Fields, are primarily used by the Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs.
University Drive & San Marcos River
Outdoor Center | 512.245.2004
Sewell Park is the university’s six-acre riverside park along the banks of the San Marcos River near its headwaters in Spring Lake. The park is open to students, faculty and staff for sand volleyball, outdoor basketball, swimming, snorkeling, paddling, picnics or just catching some rays on the grassy banks of the river.
Texas State Golf Course
1351 Post Road | 512.245.7593
The Texas State Golf Course is a nine-hole course offering low daily rates and semester passes for students. The clubhouse has club and cart rentals, carries the latest in golf merchandise and snacks, and offers expert advice.
The golf course offers a variety of programs, including the Texas State Golf Club for students to meet other students, trifecta tournaments every Thursday, and even a Senior Swing on Friday mornings. Students have the opportunity to volunteer at local professional tour stops, host and participate in fundraisers and enjoy golf throughout the area.
The 126-acre University Camp, located near Wimberley on the Blanco River, features six campsites, day-use areas, two lodges, hiking and biking trails, grills, picnic areas and a challenge ropes course (reserved through the GOAL Program). The Blanco River is a beautiful spot for swimming, wading, canoeing, fishing and sunbathing. For more information and reservations, contact the Outdoor Center in Sewell Park.
The Student Recreation Center’s Natatorium features two pools; one is a lap lane pool, and the second is a leisure pool. The lap lane pool features six lanes 25 yards in length, and a depth ranging from four feet to nine feet. The leisure pool features warmer water, benches for lounging and areas for playing water basketball and volleyball. An array of classes is offered including Adult and Infant CPR/AED classes, Water Safety Instructor Training and swim classes.