Academic Consultations for Emergency Situations
When an emergency has caused a student to miss classes for an extended period, a staff member can provide information and referrals to resources and services both on- and off-campus.
Unlike a session with an academic advisor or counselor, the goal of the 45-minute session is to provide assistance based on each student's unique circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Dropping classes
- Notifying an instructor about upcoming or past absences
- Readmission to the university
- Requests for a grade of "Incomplete"
- Transitioning back to the classroom after an extended absence
- Tuition and grade appeals
- Withdrawing from the university