Student Service Fee Funding
Student Service Fee Application
One-time funding applications are being accepted for FY'2021 here.
Funding applications are due no later than January 28, 2020. Submissions after this date will not be reviewed.
Please make sure that you download the file and fill it out within Adobe Acrobat as the funding application is on a PDF Fillable form. Additionally, all requests must attach an Expenses Worksheet. An example is below:
Student Service Fee Committee Meeting Dates:
During the Spring 2020 semester, the Student Service Fee Committee will meet on:
- January 13, 2020 between 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in LBJ Student Center Room 3-8.1
- February 14, 2020 between 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. in Encino Hall 309
- February 21, 2020 between 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in LBJ Student Center Room 3-8.1
Student Service Fee Funding Guidelines
The Student Service Fee Committee will accept applications for one-time funding for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications must be submitted on-line by Tuesday, January 28, 2020. The Vice President for Student Affairs and the Provost will prioritize the requests and return them to the Student Service Fee Committee Chair. The Vice President for Student Affairs will inform the chair of the Student Service Fee Committee of the amount assigned for distribution of one-time funding for the following fiscal year.
One-Time Funding (money is approved for the following fiscal year)
The committee will meet during the spring semester. Meeting dates will be placed on the Dean of Students Office website as well as any other pertinent information.
The following are important factors that will be considered when making decisions for allocation of funds:
- Requests that impact a large number of the student body;
- Representing the university at a national or international level;
- Preference will be given to those requests that demonstrate a financial commitment of additional sources of funding.
In rare circumstances, submissions after the deadline may be considered an exception only if they meet the following criteria:
- The late request must be reviewed and approved by the respective Vice President as an exception for consideration of one-time funding.
- Representing the university at a national or international level.
- In order to be considered for an exception, two-thirds of the Committee members’ approval is needed.
- All exception requests should include presentations to the committee.