Assistance After a Natural Disaster
When a natural disaster occurs, Student Emergency Services staff provides assistance and information about local, state and national recovery efforts.
For information about on-campus emergencies and alerts, visit the University Police Emergency Management site.
Iconic Village Apartment Fires, July 20, 2018
During this community crisis, the Student Emergency Services staff, along with faculty and offices from across the campus, worked to assist students affected in every way possible. Some of the resources available to students were:
- A crowdfunding campaign that was supported by people from all over the country
- Emergency funding assistance
- Absence notifications
- Academic consultations
- Referrals for housing, food, clothing, household goods and financial assistance
- Referrals to the Counseling and Student Health Centers
- Ongoing support throughout the fall 2018 semester
FEMA links and information (DR-4332)
Incident Period: August 23, 2017 - September 15, 2017
Major Disaster Declaration declared on August 25, 2017
Designated Counties (Individual Assistance): Aransas, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Lee, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Polk, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Tyler, Victoria, Walker, Waller, Wharton