Dr. Margarita Arellano, Dean of Students
Dean of Students Office
The Dean of Students Office strives to set standards of excellence in the delivery of student services and to foster a welcoming environment that is inclusive, safe and conducive to learning.
The DOS advises, mediates, and conducts judicial reviews. In addition, the office educates and supports student leaders, student organizations, and individual students. Our areas include Attorney for Students, Greek Affairs, the Leadership Institute, Ombuds Services, Student Emergency Services, Student Justice, Associated Student Government and Student Foundation.
The Dean of Students Office:
- acts as a clearinghouse to refer students to appropriate campus offices; schedules and reserves Campus Expression Areas;
- conducts judicial reviews and recommends action for student problems - individual, groups, or organizations;
- approves the sale or service of alcoholic beverages on campus;
- notifies faculty of extended absences for family emergencies, illnesses, or deaths in a student's immediate family;
- assists with notification of class absences for religious holy days; and
- publishes the The Texas State Student Handbook
- provides notary services for currently-enrolled students